This stunning and unique stone is actually a naturally occurring volcanic glass, formed during the slow cooling process of lava.
The result is a very glossy stone with a variety of bands and flecks, often dark in colour. As obsidian rock is found all over the world, in regions where volcanoes are present, these stones can contain different minerals, leading to a variety of different colour formations.
Using Obsidian for Health and Healing
- Blue obsidian is connected with the throat chakra; enhancing metaphysical pursuits and connections. It helps with astral travel, telepathy, and divination. Physically, it is good for speech problems, multiple personality disorder, and pain.
- Electric-blue obsidian also helps with psychic and spiritual communication. An elixir of this healing crystal benefits the eyes.
- Blue-green obsidian is a balancing stone, encouraging truth and understanding. It helps the body utilize vitamin A and E.
- Gold obsidian is ideal for scrying, for understanding the root of problems and illnesses.
- Mahogany obsidian is strongly connected with the earth, grounding, drawing on strength when needed. For physical healing, it is good for pain and improving circulation.
- Rainbow obsidian is ideal for those seeking a gentle form of this protective crystal. It also helps to relieve stress.
- Silver obsidian is a metaphysical crystal for perseverance, patience, and astral work.
All colours of obsidian crystal are stones of positive energy, as they empower one to overcome negative energy. They protect and strengthen when needed, and comfort in times of sadness. Obsidian is a remarkable healing stone, greatly beneficial for those with positive intent.